Swiss cheese plant
Medium 40cm - swiss cheese plant
(shipped within 2-4 working days)
- 14cm pot - 40cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This plant has been a favourite for many years now. Once it gets going it can be truly impressive with large, glossy heart-shaped leaves which as the plant matures become distinctive perforated and deeply cut leaves. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep it out of direct sunlight, ideally in a bright spot, and mist the leaves, particularly if the room is warm and dry. Also the leaves will appreciate being given a wash sometimes to keep them clean and dust free. This plant likes a moist soil but not a waterlogged soil, so in the winter feel the soil before you water it. In the summer you can water more freely.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant