Monstera deliciosa - swiss cheese plant
Medium 50cm - swiss cheese plant (syn Mostera pertusum )
- within 2 weeks
- 14cm pot - 50cm tall
- Standard £4.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
This plant has been a favorite for many years now. Once it gets going it can be truly impressive with large, glossy heart shaped leaves which as the plant matures have the distinctive perforated and deeply cut leaves. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep it out of direct sunlight, ideally it likes a bright spot, and mist the leaves, particularly if the room is warm and dry. Also the leaves will appreciate being given a wash sometimes to keep them clean and dust free. This plant likes a moist soil but not a waterlogged soil, so in the winter feel the soil before you water it. In the summer you can water more freely.