Muscari armeniacum 'Peppermint'
grape hyacinth 'Peppermint'
- in stock
- 15 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 7/8
Small ice-blue flowers, each with a fine white lip, form in conical spikes that rise above the slender foliage in mid-spring. It looks wonderful when allowed to form generous swathes, particularly in a woodland or meadow-style setting, - and it also looks very sweet in patio pots, windowboxes or alpine beds.
- Garden care: Plant 10cm (4in) deep in naturalistic groups in autumn. During summer when the bulbs are dormant lift and divide groups that are becoming congested.