Nandina domestica 'Fire Power'
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
This compact, rounded shrub produces conical clusters of small, star-shaped white flowers in mid-summer among bamboo-like leaves. In autumn, the leaves turn shades of fiery red and copper and the flowers are followed by shiny, round, scarlet fruits. With several seasons of interest, this dwarf form of heavenly bamboo is a hardworking plant for a sunny spot where border space is limited.
- Garden care: In mid or late spring lightly cut back any shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant.