Nandina domestica Magical Lemon and Lime ('Lemlim') (PBR)
- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
The new foliage of this handsome nandina emerges each spring a yellowy green, but over time they turn aricher lime green. When grown in a sunnier spot, the leaf colour will remain quite bright, but in areas where the foliage is in shade (or towards the centre of the plant), the foliage becomes a darker green.
- Garden care: In mid- or late spring lightly cut back any shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant.