large cupped daffodil bulbs
- 10 + 5 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 5 bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March and April
- Hardiness: hardy
- Bulb Size: 12/14
Avalons big blooms are initially yellow in early spring, but as they age, the colour changes to a soft creamy lemon. It's a large cupped daffodil that looks great when planted in generous drifts through the border, but it can also used to naturalise in areas of taller grass.
- Garden care: Plant 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally.