Native Hedgerow mixed
50 native hedgerow plants - (2 years old bare root hedging)
- available to order from autumn
- 50 plants
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Please note that as we reserve these especially for you, we take full payment when you place your order. They are then despatched when we start digging the plants, see despatch date above for the estimated delivery date.
- Position: full sun or light shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, but will cope in most
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Our bare root hedging range is a very low cost way of planting a hedge. These plants are only available to buy and plant when dormant (November-March). These plants, with known seed provenance, are grown in rich Herefordshire soil to give them the best possible start in life so they are rearing to go by the time they reach you.
Our plants are 2 years old (1+1) which means they have been grown for 1 year in the seed bed then lifted and grown on for another 1 year in a larger field. Lifting the plant after its 1st year encourages a healthy fibrous root system. The plants are lifted and graded at to a good size to plant hedges at to get good establishment.
To find out more about how to plant a hedge, click here
It will be easy to create your own hedgerow with this wonderful collection of native plants. We have chosen them all, not only because they display unique and distinctly beautiful characteristics, but because when planted together they will form a diverse and attractive screen that will provide a haven for wildlife. This is a robust mix of plants, which can cope in most positions including coastal or exposed sites. It has traditionally been used in rural settings for centuries, however this hedge will also work well in urban areas.
Our native hedging pack contains 50 plants and will include
- 25 x Crataegus monogyna (30-40cm tall)
- 15 x Prunus spinosa (40-60cm tall)
- 10 x Acer campestre (40-60cm tall)
- If you want a traditional farm native hedgerow you can also add Rosa canina to plant in the hedge