oregano - Kent Beauty
oregano 'Kent Beauty'
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, preferably alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This beautiful ornamental subshrub is low-growing, so perfect for the front of a sunny border or rockery. It also works well when potted for the patio, where it can be admired for its intriguing hop-like pink flowers, which appear from midsummer to early autumn.
- Garden care: Ensure that plants are well watered during the growing season, but avoid excessive winter wet.