Paeonia lactiflora 'London' (Patio Peony Series)
- available to order from winter
- bare root plant
- 3 × bare root plants
- Bulbs (only) £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Flowering from June to July, ‘London’ is a sumptuously deep pink, free-flowering peony fit for any metropolis or rural retreat! You may even be able to sneak a few beautifully coloured blooms into the house for decoration.
- Garden care: Plant out as soon as possible after delivery, in a sunny spot with well-prepared soil. When placing your plant, make sure that the buds are facing upwards, and that these are no more than 2cm (1") below the soil surface. Water in well after planting. Then, in early spring, apply a a balanced slow-release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch with well-rotted compost or manure. Deadhead after flowering and remove tatty foliage in the autumn as it dies back.
- Pets: Skin irritant