Papaver 'Black Swan'
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- approx 500 seeds
- Seed Packets (only) £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, preferably poor soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Finely cut petals, which are a deep shade of burgundy-red, form large, showy flowers that help add textural interest as well as colour to the summer border. Then, when the petals have fallen, there remains an attractive seed head, which can be dried and added to everlasting arrangements.
- Garden care:They tend to resent root disturbance, so sow shallowly, directly into a well prepared bed in spring and water well. As the seedlings develop, thin them out to 30cm intervals keeping just the healthiest and most robust plants. Protect the emerging seedlings from slugs and snails. The seedheads can be dried and added to winter arrangements.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-August
- Approximate quantity: 500 seeds.
- Harmful if eaten