Pelargonium 'Choun Cho'
- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: May to November
- Hardiness: tender
A trailing, ivy-leaved pelargonium with luscious, deep reddish-maroon petals that look like crushed velvet. As a contrast, the fresh green leaves will often have a central blotch of plum. It looks great spilling over the edges of pots or containers and associates really well with rich purples and near-blacks.
- Garden care: Pot up your pelargoniums, but only place them outside in the garden after the risk of frost has passed. Remove the spent flowers as they fade, and keep them well fed using a dilute solution of a high-potash liquid fertiliser (Tomorite is ideal) at regular intervals. If you want to keep them over the winter, move them to a frost free environment and avoid overwatering during the colder months.