Viola 'Belmont Blue'
violet (syn. Viola Boughton Blue)
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
For several months from late spring, lilac-flushed, pale blue flowers, each with a small yellow eye, appear above the clumps of foliage. Their dainty appearance belies the fact that they are generally quite robust and can be grown in a variety of habitats.
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted leaf mould or garden compost when planting. Protect young plants from slug damage using environmentally friendly slug pellets or beer traps. Deadhead the spent blooms to prolong flowering.