Geranium phaeum 'Album'
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A useful geranium that will thrive even in damp or dry shade. This has small, nodding, white flowers with yellow centres in late spring to early summer, held high above green, deeply lobed leaves, with distinctive purple blotches around the centre. It will quickly spread to form a hummock of foliage that is good for suppressing weeds. Use it in woodland, among ferns, where the white flowers will shine, or under deciduous trees.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.