Persicaria amplexicaulis Orange Field ('Orangofield') (PBR)
- available to order from late spring
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Long, slender flower spires of salmon-pink flowers, top the leafy mounds in early to midsummer. Offering a long seasonof interest, it often continues to bloom until well into autumn. Useful for adding movement as well as colour, it looks wonderful when teamed with rich plum, as well as blues and purples.
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies in spring or autumn. Cut back after it has finished flowering, or wait until late winter or early spring. Apply a mulch of composted organic matter every year.