(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 12cm pot - 65cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost, but if potting up, use a specialist orchid compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: 2-3 times, throughout the year
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 65cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Number of stems: 2 flower stems
- Pot cover: choose a 12.5cm orchid pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A vibrantly coloured moth orchid with pale lemon and deeper yellow tones topped off with a striking magenta lip, which provides a stunning contrast. 'Miraflore' is the perfect gift for a friend or relative who simply must have colour in their lives!
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep the compost moist during the warmer months, reducing the frequency and volume of watering in the winter. Let the moth orchid stand in a tray of water to soak up for an hour or two if quite dry, rather than watering little and often in soft, tepid water.
They love humidity and prefer even temperatures, so a bright kitchen or bathroom would be ideal, and mist the leaves with water occasionally, especially if they are in a heated room. Don't worry if the roots grow outside the pot and repot the orchid when the growth starts to suffer. Only one or two flower spikes are produced during the year. To encourage a second flush of flowers, trim back the stem to just above the first node immediately after flowering.