Phalaenopsis 'Polka Dots'
- available to order from late spring
- 12cm pot - 65cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost, but if potting up, use a specialist orchid compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: 2-3 times, throughout the year
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 65cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Number of stems: 2 flower stems
- Pot cover: choose a 12.5cm orchid pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The bright white flowers of 'Polka Dots' are variously and irregularly splotched with reddish purple and have a unique polka dot pattern. This orchid will look stunning in any interior space but would thrive particularly in a bathroom where the humidity is higher.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep the compost moist during the warmer months, reducing the frequency and volume of watering in the winter. Let the moth orchid stand in a tray of water to soak up for an hour or two if quite dry, rather than watering little and often in soft, tepid water.
They love humidity and prefer even temperatures, so a bright kitchen or bathroom would be ideal, and mist the leaves with water occasionally, especially if they are in a heated room. Don't worry if the roots grow outside the pot and repot the orchid when the growth starts to suffer. Only one or two flower spikes are produced during the year. To encourage a second flush of flowers, trim back the stem to just above the first node immediately after flowering.
Goes well with
Brussels gloss orchid high pot cover white
Ø12.5 × H14.5cm
(shipped in 3-5 working days)