Philodendron 'Prince of Orange'
sweetheart plant or heart-leaf
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 14cm pot - 30cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Add a bright splash of colour to your indoor arrangements with this rare and showy house plant. As each new leaf emerges, it is a rich coppery orange, but as it matures, the colour changes to yellow-green and then rich emerald.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to clean the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant/allergen