Philodendron scandens 'Micans'
sweetheart plant or heart-leaf
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 12cm pot - 10cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 10cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
When they first emerge, the heart-shaped leaves of this trailing house plant have a pinkish hue that adds a subtle colour contrast to the more mature foliage. Pop it on a bright windowsill or shelf (out of direct sunlight), and its slender stems will gradually lengthen as it grows.
The leaves are also noted for their ability to help purify the air inside the home, so not only do they look lovely, but they are very useful too!
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant