sweetheart plant or heart-leaf
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 12cm pot - 15cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 15cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This is a fast-growing climber, but if the stems are not supported by a moss pole or trellis, they will cascade over the edges of the pot, eventually forming a soft green 'curtain'. Its lustrous, heart-shaped leaves will get bigger and bigger (up to 30cm long) as the plant matures - and it's super-easy to grow - which makes it great for the novice!
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant/allergen
Goes well with
(shipped in 2-4 working days)