Pieris japonica 'Passion' (PBR)
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A new cultivar that puts on a generous display in spring with its sprays of pinkish red flowers. The foliage of this evergreen shrub is attractive too - glossy green in summer, but emerging with a red flush. An acid-lover, it can be grown in a large pot filled with ericaceous compost if your soil is not suitable.
- Garden care: Add composted pine needles or ericaceous compost when planting and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch each year around the base of the plant in early spring. Remove the faded flower-heads in late spring along with any frost-damaged foliage.