Pieris japonica 'Valley Valentine'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An unusual and long-flowering variety of pieris with deep pink, almost red, spring flowers and glossy, dark green leaves. This compact, rounded, evergreen shrub is perfect for a partly shady shrub border or woodland garden with moist, well-drained acid soil. To protect the handsome foliage from frost damage shade from the early morning sun.
- Garden care: Add composted pine needles or ericaceous compost when planting and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of composted pine needles or peat each year around the base of the plant in early spring. Remove the faded flower-heads in late spring along with any frost-damaged foliage.