Plumeria rubra Hawaiian Opal Pink ('Php2016') (PBR)
- 17cm pot | 80cm tall
- £51.99 £64.99
- available to order from autumn
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright indirect light, with perhaps a little direct sun in the early morning or late afternoon
- Soil: freely draining potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 80cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose an 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This much-loved deciduous shrub is a common sight in warmer countries, but here in the UK, it is possible to grow it as house plants in bright cool rooms or unheated conservatories. The thick fleshy branches create a distinctive silhouette - even when they have shed their large green leaves in the winter. It's for the scented pink or yellow-tinted flowers however that this plant is so sought after. When grown in ideal conditions, these appear in clusters near the tips of the stems, filling your room with their sweet perfume. Plants may not be sent out in flower. Stems may have natural brown markings as they mature.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water well during the warmer months, making sure that the excess water drains away freely, and feed during the growing season with a balanced liquid fertiliser every month. Mist the leaves occasionally with water and repot every couple of years. Water very occasionally during the winter.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant
Goes well with
small Ø14 × H14cm
In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)