- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
From mid to late spring, scented, deep yellow flowers emerge from rosettes of mid-green leaves and hang in delicate clusters on erect stems. This much-loved cowslip is undemanding and will naturalise easily, forming wonderful colonies on moist soil. It is perfect for a wildflower garden or meadow.
- Garden care: Generally problem-free but do ensure that the ground remains moist, especially where the plant is growing in full sun.