Prunus incisa 'Kojo-no-mai'
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- The photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price,however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95)during the order process.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained fertile soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is a pretty, delicate-looking, deciduous shrub with wiry twigs that burst into life in late winter and early spring when the crimson buds open to display pale pink flowers. The young leaves are long and pale green, growing darker with age, and turning glorious shades of red and orange in autumn. It has compact, rounded shape and a gently spreading habit, which makes it an excellent shrub for small gardens, or for a Japanese-style garden.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Lightly prune in summer to retain the shape and cut back any dead, diseased or branches which cross to healthy wood.