Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst White'
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Delicate, pure-white, funnel-shaped flowers in early spring and white-spotted, bright-green leaves. This dainty pulmonaria is perfect for shady areas. One of the first to flower, it looks lovely alongside miniature daffodils. Best in a soil that remains moist over summer, since mildew can take hold if the roots dry out.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every three to five years after flowering or in autumn. Cut back plants affected by mildew to the ground, water and feed - the plant will regenerate and produce new leaves later in the year.