Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst White'
- in stock
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- in stock
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: white-spotted leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bristly, silver spotted, green leaves remain on the plant in all but the harshest winters, creating loose clumps that are topped with pure white, funnel-shaped flowers from early to late spring. A vigorous and easily grown plant, that will help illuminate a shady corner.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every three to five years after flowering or in autumn. Cut back plants affected by mildew to the ground, water and feed - the plant will regenerate and produce new leaves later in the year.