Ranunculus aviv collection - 72+36 Free bulbs
- 2+1 FREE collections
- 1 collection
- Standard (dispatched separately)
Buy the collection of 36 ranunculus (12 of each variety) for £14.99 or buy 2 collections for £29.98 and get another collection FREE.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
- Bulb size: 5
Simple and stylish, ranunculus produce exquisitely formed flowers atop upright stems, and create an impressive seasonal show in pots or borders. Normally planted in autumn or spring for late spring or early summer flowers, they can also be planted as late as June to create a much-needed splash of colour in late summer when many other plants are finishing. Plant more than you need so there will be plenty of blooms to spare for the house.
Ranunculus are well known for their ability to last up to 2 weeks in water after being cut for the vase and they have become firm favourites with florists. These varieties have been bred for the cut flower industry and would normally only be available to commercial growers. When cutting for the vase it is best to strip off the lower leaves before placing into water or the leaves will go slimy and the flowers will not last as long.
In each collection you will receive 12 bulbs of each of the following:
Ranunculus 'Aviv Rose' Bowl-shaped flowers, which are packed full of soft pink petals, top upright stems in early summer. Great for cutting and adding to the vase, they make wonderful additions to patio pots and are fab when drifted in clumps through the front of a mixed border. Grows to 30cm.
Ranunculus 'Aviv White' Immaculately formed pure white flowers add colour to the late spring and early summer garden. Plant more than you need as you will want plenty for the vase. Grows to 30cm.
Ranunculus 'Aviv Red' Fab when planted with rich purples, oranges and yellows, the 'Aviv' ranunculus were originally bred for the cut flower market and have larger than average flowers. A fiery shade that works well in hot-themed borders. Grows to 30cm.
- Garden care: Plant the talon-like corms in autumn or spring. Rehydrate the corms by soaking them in room temperature water for 1 hour, then plant 8cm deep and a similar distance apart with their 'fingers' facing downwards in full sun in moist but well-drained soil.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs