Rhododendron 'Blue Danube'
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This shrub is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of small, funnel shaped, bluish-violet flowers in late spring and early summer, and small, dark green leaves. This lovely evergreen azalea is ideal for a rock garden or raised bed with humus-rich, acid soil. A hardy and vigorous variety it's suitable for planting in colder, northern parts of the UK, including Scotland.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.