Saintpaulia 'Light Blue'
(shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 12cm pot - 15cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 15cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover, lining the base with gravel to raise up the plant
A compact perennial houseplant with rosette-forming, dark green fuzzy-textured leaves, often reddish-green beneath. Multiple violet-blue, tubular flowers up 2.5cm (1”) across are held in loose clusters above the foliage all year-round. Incredibly popular flowering houseplants, the modern African violets are relatively easy to keep if kept out of direct sunlight and not overwatered (they are a ‘succulent-type’ plant).
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: The perfect environment for these plants is bright, warm and steamy, so a bathroom or kitchen windowsill is ideal. Try to avoid cold draughts and direct sun, and ensure the foliage does not touch the window - otherwise it may get scorched. Water the plants regularly (from the base), but allow the surface to become dry before repeating the process. They also love being misted with water when they are not in flower. Remove any dead flowers or foliage as soon as they appear, and only repot (into a plastic pot) when the plant becomes root bound.