mother-in-law's tongue / snake plant
- in stock
- 14cm pot - 50cm tall
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: ideally bright, with some full sun, but will also tolerate shade
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
This must be one of the easiest houseplants to grow being tough and near indestructable, yet it is still stylish, simple and loved by interior designers. Clump forming with strong, broad, sword-like grey-green leaves which are crossbanded with a darker green creates the perfect plant for a modern home, and our busy lifestyles. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: The main thing to avoid with this plant is over-watering, so only water (avoiding the crown) when the compost gets quite dry. In winter you can cut back even more and only water every month or two and keep temperatures above 10°C. Repot every few years when the roots start to split the pot.