Sarcococca hookeriana var. humilis
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
- Position: partial to deep shade
- Soil: any well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing to average
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A spreading, evergreen shrub with highly scented white flowers in winter, and slightly aromatic, lance-shaped, dark green leaves. This tough shade-tolerant shrub provides much-needed structure, scent and colour, and is ideal for a shady shrub or mixed border. The flowers are followed by long-lasting, blue-black berries.
- Garden care: Lightly trim after flowering, if necessary. Add plenty of well-rotted compost when planting as it may become chlorotic if planted on poor, dry soils.