mother of thousands
- in stock
- 14cm hanging pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: ideally bright, indirect light
- Soil: good, freely draining potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (including pot)
- Pot: Supplied in a hanging pot with a pot hanger
The 'mother' plant forms a rosette of attractively veined leaves, each of which has a reddish plum reverse, and it sends out slender stems, which are studded with lots of 'baby' plants along their length. Commonly called Mother of thousands (amongst many other things), it is an incredibly easy plant to propagate, so you will soon be able to create new plants to give to your friends. It's primarily grown for its colourful foliage, however an added bonus is the clusters of small cream flowers it produces in summer.
- Home care: Keep well watered during the warmer months, but try to avoid leaving water droplets on the foliage. In winter, don't water as often, allowing the compost to become dryer. Avoid placing in areas of hight humidity, and re-pot in spring.