Scabiosa caucasica 'Perfecta Mid Blue' (Perfecta Series)
- available to order from late summer
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: lavender-blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Solitary lavender-blue flowerheads appear in mid and late summer above the clumps of lance-shaped, grey-green foliage. The flowers make delightful additions to cut arrangements and regular deadheading will help prolong the flowering period. Drought tolerant once established.
- Garden care: Protect young plants from slug damage using environmentally friendly slug pellets or beer traps. Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering and cut back the faded flower stems in autumn. Lift and divide large clumps every three years in spring.