umbrella tree 'Nora'
- in stock
(shipped within 5 days)
- 13cm pot - 45cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This attractive house plant is ideal for a beginner, as it tends to cope with neglect and poor growing conditions better than most. Its leaves are really pretty, as they are formed of several finger-like segments, which radiate out from the top of the stalk, creating an umbrella-like effect. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep well watered during the growing season - making sure that the excess water can drain away freely. Water less often in winter and maintain even temperatures above 12C. Mist the leaves regularly with water to improve the humidity around the plant, or sit the pot in a tray of moist shingle.
- May cause skin allergy