Skimmia japonica 'Rubella' (male)
Japanese skimmia (male)
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Please note that the pot shown in some of the images is not included. They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from. Also one of the photos on this page shows the plant with gift wrap. This is not included in the price,however you may add gift wrap (for an additional charge of £4.95)during the order process.
- Position: partial to full shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist but well-drained acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A compact male shrub with red-margined, deep green leaves. Dark red flower buds are produced in autumn and these last all through the winter until the flowers open in spring. A great shrub for growing in a pot or for filling in gaps in the garden border.
- Garden care: Lightly trim after flowering, if necessary. To improve the moisture retention qualities of the soil add plenty of well-rotted compost when planting.