- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun or partial sun
- Soil: moderately-fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Pretty, pendant, blue, bell-shaped flowers from June to September, followed by edible, blue berries, and lance-shaped, deep green leaves. This unusual, twining, evergreen climber is ideal for training over a pergola or arch in a sheltered, sunny site. Where temperatures fall below 5°C (41°F) it's best grown under glass and watered sparingly during the winter months.
- Garden care: Tie twining stems using raffia or garden twine. In the spring cut back the flowered shoots to within 2-4 buds.