Symphoricarpos Magical Sweet ('Kolmaswet') (PBR)
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any fertile, reasonably well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is the perfect shrub if you want maximum impact with the minimum amount of fuss! It will flourish in most soils and requires very little maintenance, but in autumn, it will put on a dazzling display when the violet-pink berries fatten up and start to weigh down the gently arching branches. It's also popular with the bees, as although they are not particularly showy, the late summer flowers are rich in nectar.
- Garden care: In February or March remove any misplaced or crossing branches to maintain a permanent, healthy framework. Maintain species grown as informal, flowering hedges by cutting back the flowered shoots immediately after flowering to strong buds or young lower growth.
- Harmful if eaten