- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Hardiness: fully hardy
To find out more about how to plant a hedge, click here
Needle-like, dark green leaves on horizontal branches and fleshy, cup-shaped, bright-red autumn fruits on female plants. The dark green foliage of this slow-growing, evergreen conifer provides an excellent background for shrub and herbaceous borders. Broadly conical in shape, it's tolerant to dry shade, chalky and acid soils, and urban pollution. Yew also makes a fabulous, formal hedge.
- Garden care: Trim or renovate in late summer or early autumn.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten