air plant - Tillandsia capitata Peach
- sold out
- 2 + 1 FREE plants
- sold out
- 1 plant
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost!
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 5cm (+ or - 10%)
Air plants (Tillandsias) are incredibly easy to grow as they do not need to be potted up. This one has lovely, soft to the touch foliage, which is usually a pretty silvery green, but before it starts to flower the foliage will take on a purple-peach blush.
- Home care: These plants do need a humid environment to thrive, so a bright bathroom or steamy kitchen would be ideal. Misting with water a couple of times a week usually supplies sufficient water, although additional watering may be required in a dry hot environment. Remember to shake off any excess water though as they dislike overwatering and should never be allowed to sit in water for any length of time. If possible use rain water, especially in hard water areas, and never use water from a water softener.