hanging jellyfish (air plant)
air plant - hanging jellyfish
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 1 x jellyfish
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost!
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: plant approximately 10cm (+ or - 10%)
These are lots of fun! Each one has been made from a real air plant (tillandsia) that has been housed inside a sea urchins shell. They have a loop of clear line attached in the base, which means you can easily hang them upside down, creating the illusion that these jellyfish-like concoctions are magically floating in mid air. Each one is unique though, so the sizes (of both the shells and the plants) can vary a little.
- Home care: These plants do need a humid environment to thrive, so a bright bathroom or steamy kitchen would be ideal. Misting with water a couple of times a week usually supplies sufficient water, although additional watering may be required in a dry hot environment. Remember to shake off any excess water though as they dislike overwatering and should never be allowed to sit in water for any length of time. If possible use rain water, especially in hard water areas, and never use water from a water softener.