Eventual height & spread
Trachelospermum jasminoides Star of Toscana ('Selbra') (PBR)
yellow star jasmine
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
A new and attractive woody, evergreen climber with rich, dark green leaves which often turn bronze in winter. Unlike its well established and much-loved relative, its flowers are yellow (from creamy to buttery), but they still have the same sweet perfume. These appear in clusers over along period from summer to autumn. Happiest grown against a warm, sunny wall in milder areas, it is said to be hardy to -10C, but in areas prone to severe frosts it will need winter protection.
- Garden care: After flowering has finished prune back to fit the available space. In frost prone areas, grow in pots of loam-based potting compost, such as John Innes No2 and move to a sheltered spot in winter.