(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Shown above with optional gift wrap, which can be added during the checkout process.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, fertile soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing to average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
The upright, unbranching stem is clothed with fan-shaped, rich green fronds that can grow up to 75cm long. As the plant matures, it will also produce pendulous clusters of yellow flowers near the leaf bases in summer, which on female plants will be followed by near-black fruits. A wonderful plant for exotic and jungle-style planting schemes, it can tolerate short periods of light frost, but will need protection in more exposed areas.
- Garden care: In autumn wrap plants with a protective layer of hessian or frost fleece and apply a deep, dry mulch of straw or bracken around the base of the plant.