Tradescantia 'Green Hill'
- in stock
- 18cm hanging pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 35cm (including pot)
- Pot: Already in a hanging pot ready to hang.
This tradescantia is one of the most popular indoor hanging basket plants - and that's because it will grow happily without much care. Simply pinch out the tips of the trailing stems and it will get even bushier as it grows.
Please note that plants pot has drainage holes in its base.
- Home care: Make sure that it is in a bright spot but not in direct sun, with a constant average temperature no lower than 10°C in the winter. Watering is simple, -water well in the growing season from spring to autumn, then reduce watering in the winter when the plant's growth has slowed down. You can mist the leaves occasionally in a hot summer. If you fancy more of these plants, then try and take some cuttings in the spring or autumn, by popping a tip of one of the trailing stems into some fresh compost, water and watch it grow.