Tradescantia 'Green Hill'
Moses in the cradle
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 18cm hanging pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: general-purpose potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current trailing length: approximately 35cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot ready to hang
A tender, trailing, evergreen perennial with branching, purple-flushed stems and fleshy, dark green leaves, dark purple beneath. Tiny white flowers are produced in clusters intermittently throughout the year. ‘Green Hill’ is a popular, easy-to-care-for indoor hanging basket plant for a brightly lit room or shaded conservatory - simply pinch out the tips of the trailing stems and it will get even bushier as it grows.
- Home care: Make sure that it is in a bright spot but not in direct sun, with a constant average temperature no lower than 10°C in the winter. Watering is simple - water well in the growing season from spring to autumn, then reduce watering in the winter when the plant's growth has slowed down. You can mist the leaves occasionally in a hot summer. If you fancy more of these plants, then try and take some cuttings in the spring or autumn, by popping a tip of one of the trailing stems into some fresh compost, water and watch it grow.
Please note: all our indoor hanging pots include drainage holes to prevent waterlogging. We recommend taking them down to water in the sink or on a saucer, and leaving them to drain before rehanging.
- Humans: Skin allergen