Tradescantia 'Green Hill'
- in stock
- 18cm hanging pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 35cm (including pot)
- Pot: Supplied in a hanging pot with a pot hanger
This tradescantia is one of the most popular indoor hanging basket plants - and that's because it will grow happily without much care. Simply pinch out the tips of the trailing stems and it will get even bushier as it grows.
- Home care: Make sure that it is in a bright spot but not in direct sun, with a constant average temperature no lower than 10°C in the winter. Watering is simple, -water well in the growing season from spring to autumn, then reduce watering in the winter when the plant's growth has slowed down. You can mist the leaves occasionally in a hot summer. If you fancy more of these plants, then try and take some cuttings in the spring or autumn, by popping a tip of one of the trailing stems into some fresh compost, water and watch it grow.