silver inch plant
- available to order from spring
- 13cm pot - 20cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Lance-shaped, deep bronze-green leaves with two silvery coloured slithers on the upper leaf and purple beneath, characterise Tradescantia zebrina. At various times of the year, rosy-purple flowers appear in discrete terminal clusters on this delightful, trailing evergreen perennial.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Make sure that it is in a bright spot but not in direct sun, with a constant average temperature no lower than 10°C in the winter. Watering is simple - water well in the growing season from spring to autumn, then reduce watering in the winter when the plant's growth has slowed down. You can mist the leaves occasionally in a hot summer.
- Humans: Skin allergen