Trollius chinensis 'Golden Queen'
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moisture-retentive, fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bright orange early summer flowers with yellow centres and deeply divided mid green leaves. These cheery, buttercup-like flowers are perfect for the middle of a moist border or for planting at the margins of a pond or stream. To prevent the roots from drying out apply a thick mulch layer around the base of the plant in early spring.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps in late autumn or early spring. In spring apply a 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plants and water in very dry weather, to prevent the soil from drying out