Tropaeolum majus 'Bloody Mary'
- available to order from winter
- approx 30 seeds
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: poor, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: tender
Each of the flowers on this award-winning new nasturtium is a unique mix of red, yellow and cream, so when in full bloom, the effect is really eye-catching. Easy to grow as a tender annual, these not only look good in borders and vases, but as they help deter whiteflies, they are excellent for companion planting.
- Garden care:Soak the seeds overnight and then sow an early crop under glass in good seed compost, covering lightly. Maintain the temperature between 13-16°C and water when necessary. When large enough to handle, pot on or acclimatise slowly and plant outside after all risk of frost has passed. Alternatively sow directly outside in mid to late spring. These plants flower best in poor soil, so take care not to over-fertilise. Dead-heading regularly will also encourage an even better display.
- Sow: March-June
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 30 seeds.