Tropaeolum majus 'Ladybird Rose'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 30 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: poor, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: tender
Offering an abundance of peachy pink flowers throughout the summer, each attractively daubed with shades of deeper maroon, this easy to grow annual is ideal for creating no-fuss groundcover in a sunny border. The flowers are attractive to pollinators, and they can also be cut for the vase.
- Garden care:Soak the seeds overnight and then sow an early crop under glass in good seed compost, covering lightly. Maintain the temperature between 13-16°C and water when necessary. When large enough to handle, pot on or acclimatise slowly and plant outside after all risk of frost has passed. Alternatively sow directly outside in mid to late spring. These plants flower best in poor soil, so take care not to over-fertilise. Dead-heading regularly will also encourage an even better display.
- Sow: March-June
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 30 seeds.