- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: bright red
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
A well-established, popular and reliable tulip, which produces the most dazzling red flowers in mid-spring. It makes a superb addition to the bedding scheme, particularly when planted with oranges, yellows and purples. The flowers last well after being cut and the tall stems are robust enough to hold up in poor weather conditions.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering dead-head and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.