triumph tulip bulbs or tulip Francoise
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
Initially the flowers open from bud a pale buttery yellow, but as the large, classically shaped flowers open fully, they take on the same colouring as clotted cream. Then, as the season progresses, their colour fades again to a soft creamy white, with just a hint of lemon. This transition of colour means that they are ideal for blending with both solid yellows and white.
- Garden care: In November or December plant bulbs 15-20cm (6-8in) deep in fertile, well-drained soil. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy