triumph tulip bulbs
- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- available to order from late summer
- 10 bulbs
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April - May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
The strong stems of this Triumph tulip are topped with sumptuous, rich red flowers, the petals of which have a satin-like sheen. Ideal for cutting, or for making an impact in the spring bedding scheme where it can be used to add depth, or offer a striking contrast to the colour palette.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering dead-head and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy