Eventual height & spread
miscellaneous group tulip bulbs ( syn. Tulip Peppermint stick )
- 10 + 5 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn 2021
- 5 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/6
When in bud, and only the red outermost edges of the petals can be seen, the flowers resemble flaming tapers. Then, when the flowers start to open, white becomes the most predominant colour, so when in full bloom (and viewed from above), they look like glowing stars. A very pretty addition to the spring garden, they are relatively compact, so will also do well in pots.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. If planted in a lawn, make sure the turf is not cut until the foliage has completely died back.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy