Tulipa 'Tiny Timo'
miscellaneous group tulip bulbs
- available to order from summer 2021
- 5 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 6/
The crimson red flowers of this diminutive tulip look really striking when scattered through an alpine bed or rockery, but this tulip can also be grown in pots or used to fill gaps at the front of a sunny border. Each bloom is made up of pointed petals, which often have a green flush on their outer edge, and when viewed from above, the fully open star-shaped flowers reveal their contrasting white and purple-tinted eye.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15cm deep and 10cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 9 to 12 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy